Saturday 15 March 2014

I AM A BODY AND FAMILY OF LA CREAM ENTERTAINMENT - CHOCOTIFAH


If you are the type who follows entertainment news quite constantly in Krockcity then the name Chocotifah will not sound strange to you. She is an HND 2 student of Kaduna Polytechnic studying Public Admin. I first met ONG as she is fondly called on independence day last year at an event organized by a TV Station (DITV) in Kaduna @ the Command Guest Inn to commemorate the day. She was the only female artiste that performed @ the event (Atleast till i left sha) and i couldn't help but marvel at her stage act and chemistry with the audience (I went straight and asked for her Pin immediately after her performance; how more impressed can one be?). Naturally dope is perhaps the best way to describe this hip hop sensation. Campus Vibes was able to squeeze some answers from the fast growing artiste; and she talks about her career and the challenges faced by artistes in the north.



 Q: So who is chocotifah?

Oo°˚˚˚ Chocotifa is a hip hop rapper, born in a Hausa family of 6. my name is Khadija Muhammad and I grew up in Lasgidi. I am a Muslim by religion, currently in Kaduna State.

Q: So who'd you grow up listening to?

Fela, Joe, 2pac, Bob Marley, Blackstreet, Foxy brown, Queen Latifah, Ceelo green, Bone thugs, and Harmony.

Q: Wow.... That's a lot of big names who were @ tha top of their game in their time..... Would you say listening to them built that passion for music?

I am just inlove with music, infact I am a music addict. One big irony is that it was not my dream to be a rapper but that of a friend of mine called Sharon Ejeke who always dreamt that we'll do music and we'll ball hard the 3 of us; that's me, Sharon, and Lizzy. But at that time myself and Lizzy just laughed out loud and said sure she's just dreaming. 3yrs after she came up with the old dreams, I still refused to be a part of it until Gadafi, a big bro to us all talked to me. Finally I agreed to give it a try giving the condition that it was not my thing, but to my surprise I was trapped in the heart of music. So since I became in love with what am doing, I just kept the balling rolling.

Q: Now that's like the transition of a vampire, first you don't like the idea until the blood is so irresistible. But here is the odd thing... I have lived most of my life in the north and I know how hard it is to be a male artiste, So how would you describe being a female artiste in this part of the country were tradition shuns even the male practice, especially coming from a Hausa family?

Hmmmm not easy but its all ONG, meaning Omo Na God.

Q: So whats your family's stand about you taking music as a career?

Hmmmm they prefer me as a presenter rather than a musician. I'm only following my dreams.

Q: Well hope it pays to the peak of your expectations. So now that you are deep in the game how would you rate the level of entertainment in Krokcity or lets say the north generally?

Well the arewa part we trying but we should push more and respect artistes; pay them for their good job. They record and wear good clothes to look great for their fans out there, so pay them to grow and you'll grow too. Na investment, we use each other to get to our needs and make dreams come true. The radio stations should also help underground artistes to be recognized and so goes to the TV stations too.

Q: I can really relate to that.... So you are currently signed to a label right? If yes what label and how has the working condition and artiste-management relationship been?

Hahaha would love to keep that low. For now it is me, myself and God and ofcourse my dream builder Edris Abdulkarim so expect something from us the soonest.

Q: So you are not signed yet?

Not @ all but I am a body and family of La Cream Entertainment.



Q: Sometime earlier this month or maybe late last month I came across a list of 20 best songs currently getting massive downloads and air-plays in Kaduna compiled by MadeInKroKcity, and about two of your songs made the list, can you confirm that or am I mistaken?

Oo°˚˚˚ yes sure thanks 2 my fans you're not wrong.


Q: Nice... So how was the feeling of being appreciated enough to be voted?

I feel so happy about it. I just say ONG (Omo Na God)

Q: Categorically these are awards on their own, being in krokcity's own chart is big recognition. But is there any official award or nomination for any big gun title in the struggle so far?

Yeah I got 3 awards! 2 from the Kaduna State government as the best performing art @ the Arewa Festival (ARFEST) and the other one was awarded to me by my school (Kaduna Polytechnic) as the artist with the best swag.

Q: Yauwa that's what i'm talking about........ Thats really impressive.... So apart from the Mr legend himself Edris Abdulkareem, which other A-list artiste do you hope to work with in the nearest future?

Wow ehm Cynthia Morgan, Femi Kuti, Ice Prince, Eva, MI, Classiq and 2face.

Q: Thats one 'on-point' list you got there and hope you bag them all. So taking it deep, is the rap goddess taken by some lucky man or is she single and free so dudes like myself can start preparing our toast notes?

ℓoℓ crazy u, Oo°˚˚˚ she is taken sowie sweetheart.

Q: Hmmmmm well happy love life (what am i saying, i should be sad *tears drops down cheek)

Oo°˚˚˚ come on kiss kiss wipe the tears.

Q: (*Wipes tears off) So tell me if there is a misconception about you that you wanna clarify?

They say i got too much pride, and i don't. I'm only buying respect for myself. Don't get it twisted folks in "bangalee voice". ℓoℓ simple i jus say they never had the chance to be very close to know i'm not that girl they think i am. I'm just me and reality is the case.

Q: Hmmm well i know you are as humble as humble can be so don't worry about em.... So does that sweet talk get me a date?

Hahaha Oo°˚˚˚° k for real you gat me on this one.

Q:(*Smiles boastfully) So it is tradition that anytime i interview a rapper, he/she must drop some bars for me and the entire Campus vibes universe. So hit us with tha wordplay and punchlines.

Lets go gimme some beat box, am a queen latifah,
Swag sound more dan 10 thousand speakers.
The name is Chocotifa your worse nighttmare as a diva
Hip hop preacher, the Street sweeper 
No mercy on the street. the picture I§ killing me
Ma dream mon chase mo ni skip So i rap slogan n quit Hogan. 
Omo la cream idris abdul karim. 
Hate me cos u can't handle ma shit.
 Number 1 d best among the rest lori stage. 
Success be like wetin me no fit wait. 
ONG; the reason why enemies freeze cant you see

Q: Damn I got ma eyes on you. So any last words for your fans and the campus Vibes Universe?

Thanks, i would love to give Allah the grace for making it look easy and successful for me and my lovely fans i love you all. And the Campus Vibes Universe keep the ball rolling, God bless and Thanks for having me here, have a blessed week ahead Osheeeee ONG.

And that is a raf, kai shikenan!!!! Thanks love for your time.

You're welcome dear.

Click the links below to download ABC Freestyle and 2103 ft Danas

ABC FREESTYLE DOWNLOAD

2013 ft Danas DOWNLOAD 


You have got to give her the credits! follow her on:
BBM Pin: 29F0FD6E
Twitter: @198219831984
instagram: @chocotifaong
Facebook: Chocotifah ur nitemare 

See yaul next time as I bring another amazing personality to yaul!! Kachaw!

No comments:

Post a Comment