Tuesday 15 April 2014

PEOPLE GET WOWED EVEN WHEN I MIME OTHERS' SONGS- I.B.Y

No one can claim credit for the new dance steps (Sokor) thats fast invading the dancefloors of ABU and other surrounding Schools than the party Starter himself; IBY Dondada. Born Ibrahim Yusuf Olanrewaju, he is a Lagos bred and currently a final year student of ABU Zaria, where he is Studying for a Bachelor's Degree in Mass Communication. Stage swag, thrill, electrifying performances; this guy has got it all. He won best artiste in ABU in the Ex-Boyz awards last year. Well what do you expect from someone who has been paying his dues since 2008. Campus Vibes laid some questions before him and here is what he has to say to each one of them:

Q: What would you say your style of music is though you seem like an all rounder. But do you have any particular style you are more specialized in?

I do Hip-hop commercial... I do Tradofunk too, Combining the Traditional music with the Pop music..

Q: So did you grow up around music or was it something you picked up later in life?

I'll say I grew up in a music family because almost everyone in ma family can sing but none of them made it a Profession..

Q: what inspired you to take it more serious than the rest of your Family members, in other words why'd you decide to take it professional?

I've been in love with music right from a tender age. Back then I mime other people's song, the likes of Usher, Indian Aire, Brandy, Sound Sultan, 9ice, Tu face and a host of others.. When I sing thier songs people get wowed and ask if i have my own song? This were the motivation I got that made me better and pushed me to take it as a Profession because Music is me..



Q: So far how many songs do you have and which is your favourite?

I have about 6 songs and "Dway You Whyne" and "Sokor" are my favourite. Then I have been on over 16 features.

Performing at MPH
Q: Thats quite a number you got there. Give us a list of the top shots you'd like to do a song with in the nearest future?

Keep your fingers crossed.. I got ma eyes on big artistes in the industry. Its a Surprise..

Q: (Fingers crossed) So talking love. Who's tha special girl, that is if there's any?

If there is any, it would still be a secret.. She loves to be anonymous.


Q: No arguements then.. So tradition demands you drop some bars for us before you go. So lets see your punchlines and wordplay

Introduction they call me IBY Dondada
Anywhere wey dem see me wo ni mon Gara
Let me take u to my house of Tara
Kini mi gun bii 9 inches kaman Tara
I gat excess vibe like da T.V Jara
Back in da days couldnt afford a Zara
Now am living ma dreams ko gba Agbara

Q: Correkt! thats some tyt shii. Thanks for your time boss.

#Bless

You can follow and add IBY on:
Twiiter: @IBYDondada
PIN: 26A95E0F
Facebook: Ibrahim Etejile Yusuf

Click the links below to download his tracks:




Like me on facebook: facebook.com/campusvibeswithaswagz
FOllow me on Twitter: @aswagz_

Catch Yaul next time folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment